By Larry Dignan
The questions of the day are really quite simple: Should you preorder a device you’ve never touched, played with or used in any fashion? And will gadget lust trump logic?
That’s what everyone is wondering. It’s the curse of the early adopter. The logic goes like this:
- I have to preorder the iPad or I may not get one.
- OK, so I’ve never tried it but man it looks good.
- But I want to be the coolest geek on the block.
- And it’s revolutionary.
- No wait, do I really want to plunk down $499.
- Oh why not I’ll order two.